From: joel de guzman (isis-tech_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-06-20 21:53:37

----- Original Message -----
From: "David Abrahams" <david.abrahams_at_[hidden]>

Ok. I'm a bit aware that they do some row to row stuff. My implementation
is just a 1D Region (In Mac parlance). Extending that to 2D is straight
forward.
Mac's optimisations seem interesting though. I'd assume that was patented
pre 1983. So that makes the patent open just about now (?).

> > -> Compresses bitmaps. Ok, same as above :-)
>
> Or at least bitmasks...

Compressed, drawable and hit-testable as is.

> > -> This is interesting... A set of floating point numbers
> > and ranges. Say we want a set of floating point numbers
> > from -1 to 1 except 0. You'd write:
> >
> > fs = range<float>(-1.0,+1.0) - 0.0;
>
> Hmm, we should talk. There is a nearly-finished implementation of
half-open
> ranges in CVS. This work is at least related.

Cool, I'm all ears. My implementation uses closed-ranges. But I guess
it is trivial to use half-open ranges instead.

> -Dave

Have a nice day, Dave,
Joel de Guzman