From: helmut.zeisel_at_[hidden]
Date: 2001-06-21 15:51:23

--- In boost_at_y..., Gabriel Dos Reis <Gabriel.Dos-Reis_at_c...> wrote:
> helmut.zeisel_at_a... writes:
>
> | Which of these libraries could be
> | a starting point for inclusion into a future C++ standard,
> | by offering a complete C++ interface
> | (compatible e.g. to boost::rational and boost::operators)
> | and providing a boost compatible license?
>
> I don't have the answer but any such library should seriously
> consider interaction with existing practice such GMP.

So instead of providing an own implementation
this would mean to write a C++ wrapper for GMP.

They need one anyway, see their FAQ:
http://www.swox.com/gmp/#FAQ

Q: Is there a C++ wrapper for GMP?

A: No, none as far as we know. Many people have started writing one,
but nobody has ever sent us any useful code. "Useful"
here means complete, efficient, and well-tested. (We intend to write a
spec later and put it here.)

Would a C++ wrapper for GMP be a useful contribution to boost?

Helmut