From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-06-21 19:44:38

One of the nicer services that SourceForge provides is that they create a
backup .tar.gz of the full Boost CVS repository every night.

My machine runs a little Python script everyday which automatically
downloads that backup file. It is currently about 4.6 megs.

This should give us pretty good protection against some disaster at
SourceForge. It should also be reassuring to Boost developers, one of whom
says it took years off his life when he thought (incorrectly) he had
trashed the whole CVS repository.

Since I don't leave my machine on when I'm out of town, and since sometimes
the backup download fails for phone or network reasons, it might be nice if
someone else also downloaded the backup regularly. If anyone is
interested, let me know and I'll send the Python script.

--Beman