From: Kostya Altukhov (kostya_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-06-23 07:53:44

Hello,

Beman Dawes wrote:

> >bind(f, _1, _2);
> >one-based indexing is much more intuitive.
>
>My memory of past discussions in the C++ committee was a strong preference
>for consistent 0 based indexing even in the cases where it is less
>intuitive.

Why than std::pair has 'first' and 'second' instead of 'nullth' and 'first'
(and why tuple of two variables should use different scheme than std::pair)?

Why do we have std::bind1st and std::bind2nd instead of std::bind0th
and std::bind1st (and I think when we use tuples for binding,
the scheme should be consistent with standard binders)?

Best regards,
Kostya