From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-06-23 10:02:03

Mohammed wrote:

>Microsoft said that their VC compiler is not 100% conforming to the
>standard. This why the big problem you face when working with libraries
>like Boost.

People put effort into getting Boost libraries to run on the compilers they
or their users care about. Presumably people care about a particular
compiler because they use it.

There are lots of reasons why someone uses a particular compiler. One
factor we don't talk about much on Boost is speed of the generated
code. Some compilers which don't do well in terms of standards conformance
may have wonderful optimizers, or have interesting libraries, or strong
marketing, or whatever.

--Beman