From: Daryle Walker (darylew_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-06-23 17:25:10

The reviewed version of the Special Functions library had two versions of
the sinc_pi and sinhc_pi function templates. One version set had a single
type-based template parameter, assuming that the given type is numeric. The
other version set had a type-based template parameter and a template-based
template parameter, assuming that the function argument is of the version of
the template argument with the type argument as its actual parameter. If
the second version set is still in the CVS, then we need to add a new macro
control specifying compilers that cannot handle template-based template
parameters. I know my compiler (Metrowerks CodeWarrior Pro 5.3) cannot
handle them, but there may be others that can't handle Boost's first use of
this rare feature.

(These second versions of sinc_pi and sinhc_pi exist so the author didn't
have to make custom overloads for quaternions and octonions. Separately, I
think those second versions should be removed, and replaced with custom
overloads, because the "non-template-type -> scalar and template-type ->
vector-like" assumption is a bad one.)

--
Daryle Walker
Mac, Internet, and Video Game Junkie