From: Daryle Walker (darylew_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-06-23 21:58:56

1. You misspelled the name of one of the compiler companies. It's
"Metrowerks".

2. You forgot to #include the header where std::strcmp comes from in
"config_info.cpp". (When you fix it, be careful about compilers that don't
put strcmp into std.)

3. I had to comment out the "template" qualifiers that my compiler can't
accept, but I had another problem with the standard allocator test.
Conversion is allowed through the cross-version constructor, but not through
assignment. I had to comment out the "a3 = a2;" line in
"boost_no_std_allocator.cxx". Shouldn't the assignment work because it'll
use the (working) cross-version constructor? Maybe a Metrowerks guru on
this list could figure it out.

4. This is what I got when I ran the "config_info" program:

//=========================================================================
Metroworks codewarrior 0x2301
    __cplusplus =199711L
    __STDC__ =1
    __MWERKS__ =0x2301

Unknown ISO standard library

Boost version 102200
    BOOST_NO_DEPENDENT_TYPES_IN_TEMPLATE_VALUE_PARAMETERS [no value]
    BOOST_NO_MEMBER_TEMPLATE_FRIENDS [no value]
    BOOST_NO_POINTER_TO_MEMBER_CONST [no value]
    BOOST_DECL [no value]
    BOOST_MSVC6_MEMBER_TEMPLATES [no value]
    BOOST_NO_HASH [no value]
    BOOST_STD_EXTENSION_NAMESPACE =std
    BOOST_SYSTEM_HAS_STDINT_H [no value]

5. I'm wondering: should we have separate configs for Mac OS and Mac OS X,
or should they be in the same file? How do we differentiate them?
(Marketing-wise, the latter is an update of the former. Technical-wise, the
latter is a completely different system with a lot of touch-ups to make it
look like and work with the former.)

--
Daryle Walker
Mac, Internet, and Video Game Junkie