From: Daryle Walker (darylew_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-06-25 12:39:04

on 6/25/01 12:21 AM, Jens Maurer at Jens.Maurer_at_[hidden] wrote:

> David Abrahams wrote:
>>
>> I have often heard it claimed that anything you can do with template template
>> parameters, you can also do without them, but better. I am not familiar with
>> the arguments, so I can't evaluate their validity.
>
> The arguments concerning template-template parameters I heard concerned class
> template parameters only. Here, we're dealing with deduced template-template
> parameters for functions. Note that any "work-arounds" in this area is likely
> to prevent template argument deduction.

Would these problems occur if we do what I suggested:

1. Keep the one-template-argument (which is type-based) versions of sinc_pi
and sinhc_pi. These would work with real, scalar numeric types.

//=========================================================================
template < typename T > T sinc_pi( T const &x );
template < typename T > T sinhc_pi( T const &x );
//=========================================================================

2. In quaternion.hpp and octonion.hpp, we have custom overloaded function
templates of sinc_pi and sinhc_pi.

template < typename T > quaternion<T> sinc_pi( quaternion<T> const &x );
template < typename T > quaternion<T> sinhc_pi( quaternion<T> const &x );

template < typename T > octonion<T> sinc_pi( octonion<T> const &x );
template < typename T > octonion<T> sinhc_pi( octonion<T> const &x );

--
Daryle Walker
Mac, Internet, and Video Game Junkie