From: David Turner (david.turner_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-06-26 13:36:17

Hello David,

> Fabulous! Does it also work without the square brackets if you don't need a
> return value?
>
> $(RULE) params ;

No, because this would involve non-trivial changes to the Jam
parser. For now, you'll need to assign a dummy variable with the
call as in:

  _ignore = [ $(RULE) params ] ;

hideous, but it works..

> Another moderately-high priority for me, and one I've just discovered, is to
> open up the MAXLINE constant for Windows NT. I am not interested in
> supporting NT3.5 (sorry!) and it is fairly easy to come up with a link
> command line that exceeds the 996 characters allocated by the default Jam on
> NT. If you don't feel comfortable about folding that change into FTJam, I
> would be "forced" to make the modification myself, resulting in (IMO) a very
> silly code fork.

Well, that should be trivial to change too. However, I'd appreciate if
you could make a small wish list for the next changes. I'd like to
avoid making several releases a day ;-)

Cheers,

- David