From: williamkempf_at_[hidden]
Date: 2001-06-26 16:19:35

--- In boost_at_y..., John Max Skaller <skaller_at_o...> wrote:
> Vesa Karvonen wrote:

[snip lots of text... hope the context is still understandable]

> > This completes the transformation.
>
> Yep. Should work if done globally.
> But you've still really got template templates (they're just
nested).

There are exactly zero _template template parameters_ in the above.
The nested templates do not have template template parameters.
Compilers that can't handle template template parameters should be
able to handle the transformed code (barring other compiler
deficiencies).

> You can see this because the above code has an error: the
> keyword 'templatename' is required:

There is no C++ keyword "templatename". I assume you mean "typename".

> templatename TT::dummy<T2> y;
>
> so the parser knows that
>
> TT::dummy
>
> is the name of a template (not a type or variable).

The name in question *is* a type, even if it's a template type.

Bill Kempf