From: John Max Skaller (skaller_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-06-26 16:39:00

williamkempf_at_[hidden] wrote:

> I don't know for sure what GCC is doing here (or what the Boost
> cstdint.hpp is doing), but technically it would be correct in
> producing an error here if strict ANSI C++ compliance were being
> used. C++ does not have a "long long" type.

        What's ANSI C++? Do you mean ISO C++? <g>

        Of course you are right. The same applies to

        intXX_t

but I want these 'extensions'. In particular, I want

        int64_t

because it is necessary for high performance multiple
precision arithmetic. Note that intXX_t is only optional
in C99.

Felix doesn't support conditional compilation (at least at present),
and I would like to produce a demo that works on all systems:
I don't mind requiring C99 support as required above:
that is, "ISO C++ plus C99 inttypes.h plus 8,16,32,64 bit
architecture". I may fix this using modules, but I don't
have module support yet, and I'm not sure that it
isn't an unreasonable requirement for a new PL.

--
John (Max) Skaller, mailto:skaller_at_[hidden]
New generation programming language Felix  http://felix.sourceforge.net