From: John Maddock (John_Maddock_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-06-27 05:54:38

Doug,

Is the BOOST_WEAK_CONVERSION_OPERATORS really necessary: as far as I can
tell only the Borland compiler requires this, and its only expressions
like:

function<void> f;

if(!f){ do_something; }

that breaks, why not remove the macro and add a member operator! to
function instead?

BTW I'm not entirely convinced that Borland is wrong to reject this -
5.3.1p8 talks of the operand being implicitly converted to bool, and refers
to clause 4, which talks only of built in conversions to bool. Then again
the section on the if statement talks only of implicit conversions as well
- so I'm confused :-|

- John Maddock
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/john_maddock/