From: David Abrahams (david.abrahams_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-06-27 08:06:50

Unless I hear a major squawk from someone in the next day, I plan to start
requiring David Turner's version of Jam for Boost.Build. He has already made
some changes that we anticipated needing (including win95 support), and it
makes much more sense to keep all of the modifications we need together in a
codebase with those needed by another community.

Since boost relies on a peer-review process to ensure the quality and
correctness of our code, I think we should consider doing the same for
modifications to our core build system. I don't want to increase the burden
on anyone, but I think it would be good if we had a volunteer from boost to
examine the diffs between FTJam and Jam itself. It's not that I lack
confidence in Mr. Turner's abilities, but we all know how useful a 2nd pair
of eyes can be. I think this would help to instill confidence in the build
tools we're using.

Thoughts? Volunteers?

-Dave