From: Gary Powell (Gary.Powell_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-06-27 16:49:05

[Greg Colvin]
How important it is that Gary not pay for (possible) reference
counting he doesn't need I don't know, so I'll leave it to
Gary to actually argue for one of these if he wants. I remain
satisfied with interface 2.

[Gary Powell]
Well for me its the 90/10 rule. (And here it may be even the 99/1 rule)
where 90% of the time I need a ref counted thread, and yet there is still
10% of the time I just cannot have it. Hence in the 2 layer approach,
"self()" would exist only in the ref counted interface, and I get the option
of using what part of this library I need.

 Yours,
 -gary-