From: Albrecht Fritzsche (albrecht.fritzsche_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-06-28 04:57:54

Darin Adler wrote:

> Beman suggested a simple string algorithms library. Some argued that
> it was redundant with the standard library and not needed. But Beman
> encouraged me to give it a shot anyway.

Sorry if I missed something - why the string algorithms but not the
string class itself?

For me, at least, is the (lacking) efficiency of the string class the
real problem, not the algorithms working on it. I mean, using things
like the Small String Optimization, policies, etc.. it should be
possible to build a better string class which is configurable for
different uses and much more efficient than the string class that
most libraries offer.

But maybe you are already working on that?

Ali

--
Albrecht Fritzsche, Software Developer
alfabet meta-modeling AG,