From: David Abrahams (david.abrahams_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-06-29 18:33:57

----- Original Message -----
From: "Hubert HOLIN" <Hubert.Holin_at_[hidden]>
> As for the koenig lookup problem problem evoqued in another
> branch of this thread by David Abrahams, I feel we are immune to the
> perverse effects evoked by the fact we will deal with an homogeneous
> problem domain (pow is relevant to more than one, in particular the
> mixed integer/floating forms are relevant to set theory and algebra
> (that of R in this case), whereas the floating/floating forms are
> relevant to analysis, and swap is potentially universal, i.e. its place
> is more comprehensible as a language keyword than as a library
> function).

So, let's get concrete:

If I am writing a generic algorithm to work on "pow-able" numbers, how do I
call boost::special_functions::pow() (qualified or unqualified)?

If I am a non-boost library writer making a numeric type that should work
with the above generic algorithm, how do I define pow() for my type?

-Dave