From: Albrecht Fritzsche (albrecht.fritzsche_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-07-03 03:41:39

Ross Smith wrote:

> williamkempf_at_[hidden] wrote:
> >
> > --- In boost_at_y..., Ross Smith <ross.s_at_i...> wrote:
> > >
> > > I have no idea what a "monitor pattern" is, for
> > example.
> >
> > Look it up :).
>
> Where? David Butenhof's book never mentions it, and Google just gives me
> a bunch of links to VDU vendors. Can you point me to a web site that
> describes it?

Hi Ross,

I haven't followed your thrad that closely, but Bill is probably
referring to the Monitor object pattern, described in the POSA 2
book

   http://www.cs.wustl.edu/~schmidt/POSA/

"The Monitor Object design pattern synchronizes concurrent method
 execution to ensure that only one method at a time runs within an
 object. It also allows an object's methods to cooperatively schedule
 their execution sequences."

Ali

--
Albrecht Fritzsche, Software Developer