From: Ronald Garcia (garcia_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-07-03 12:45:34

I would like to see the preprocessor library accepted into Boost.

I think that the tutorial page would be a bit clearer if your examples
showed "before" code, so that one could more easily see the
transformations made with the metaprogramming code. Otherwise, there
is too great a dependence upon the reference documentation to
understand the tutorial.

The Rationale page seems to be more of a Reference documentation
page. Perhaps change the name? If this is not meant to be a
reference, perhaps one should be added, listing the macro names and
their parameters, with descroiptions of the parameters.

Also, I would like to see more isolated examples for the use of the
various features. That way a conceptual understanding of the building
blocks could be more easily developed. The current examples are pretty
heavy on template metaprogramming and while those may be the places
where the library is most used, they don't make for the clearest
examples of how the library works.

All-in-all I would like to see more detailed documentation. Granted
this is a library that will be used more by library implementors than
library users, but some of the concepts involved (especially the
details of how the preprocessor functions) can be tricky.

typographic errors:

On the Rational page:
"BOOST_PREPROCESSOR_REPEAT"

ron