From: Paul A. Bristow (pbristow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-07-03 12:59:43

Have I missed something in that log and antilog (exp), sin & sin-1 ... are
complements,

so if you log(length) the units are somehow hidden (* unity length doesn't
seem quite right)

But if you then antilog(log(length)) you really do get get back to something
that really does have unit of length.
(Similarly for sin and its inverse).

So the information about length _could_ usefully be retained through the log
(etc) process.

How and whether this is feasible is not clear to me.

Paul

Dr Paul A Bristow, hetp Chromatography
Prizet Farmhouse
Kendal, Cumbria