From: Helmut Zeisel (helmut.zeisel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-07-03 23:46:45

04 Jul 2001 Beman Dawes wrote:
> At 03:10 PM 7/3/2001, helmut.zeisel_at_[hidden] wrote:
>
> >But how do you portable specify the fastest word size?
> >The answer might be different for a 16bit, 32bit, or a 64bit
> >platform offering a long long type.
>
> Sounds like cstdint.hpp needs:
>
> intfast_t
> uintfast_t

Maybe.

Anyway, I think that the discussion is focusing too much on the implementation,
not on the interface.
There is not much need to like my specific implementation.
If you did not like my interface, however, it would be worse.

Have a look at the interface presented by the exaple programs:
Is this what you expect from an unlimited integer class?
What would you like to see additionally?
What would you like to see differently?
As I understand, John Max Skaller wrote already an unlimited integer
implementation
and Daryle Walker is also working on one,
it will be no problem for me
if boost uses one of their implementation as
"unlimited integer reference implementation"
as long as the interface fits.
Can these implementations use the same interface?
Can the interface be used to wrap e.g. GMP?

Maybe you can send me programs like

template<class Integer>
void f()
{