From: Chandrasekhar.KG_at_[hidden]
Date: 2001-07-04 01:34:56

Hi,

This is what I read on the boost mailing list a while ago..

"An example: shared_ptr has long needed a thread-safe counter, and it makes
sense to parameterize shared_ptr on the counter type. I suspect the Boost
thread-safe counter will serve most users fine, but we can't anticipate
every kind of system shared_ptr might be used in, so we can't anticipate
every kind of counter that might be needed."

Can you please tell me whether the shared_ptr implementation thread-safe
now.. or is it being planned to make it thread safe??..

Please excuse me if I am asking a question that was posted before.. but I
could not find an answer to my query from the mail archives..

Thank you
kg