From: rwgk_at_[hidden]
Date: 2001-07-04 03:20:11

--- In boost_at_y..., "David Abrahams" <david.abrahams_at_r...> wrote:
> Ralf Grosse-Kunstleve has been working on a set of changes that
would be
> closely related to the ones proposed above; I'd like to hear from
Ralf on
> the status of those also. Ralf?
>
> -Dave

I am trying to get an overview of proposed enhancements/fixes
for Boost.Python. There is quite a bit to do:

- Replacement of friend converter functions by partially
  specialized template functions (#ifdefs required for MSVC,
  the interface will have to change)

- Integration of Nick Sauters modification for Python 2.1
  rich comparisons
  http://groups.yahoo.com/group/boost/message/12147

- Returned reference problem
- An existing bug
  http://groups.yahoo.com/group/boost/message/10144
  (I would opt for a conservative fix; the generated code size
   is quite substantial already)

- Cross-module support for declare_base()

Anything else?

Ralf