From: Toon Knapen (toon_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-07-05 15:07:33

David Abrahams wrote:

> [...]

I've been involved in several development project with a lifetime of at
least five years and the day the development team is resistant to
'incompatible' modifications and preventing better engineering, well
from that day onward the project is doomed. A few years later they're
working with ancient technology.

Well this is somewhat of a heavy statement in this case. My point is
that the argument that you will break some existing code, which you btw
can fix very rapidly and easily, is negligable (to me at least)