From: Aleksey Gurtovoy (alexy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-07-06 21:20:16

David Abrahams wrote:
> > Personally I don't. If we have to pick and it's up to a vote I'll
> > vote for "const char", but I'm used to adapting styles according to
> > guidelines I don't always agree with. :)
>
> I might prefer having no guideline, but let's hear from the group.

I would prefer to have a guideline that recommends 'char const' style. IMO,
the usual consistency argument gets even stronger if you consider using of
'const' with dependent names:

template<class T>
struct something
{
// void foo1(typename const T::type bar); // illegal
  void foo2(const typename T::type bar); // yack!
  void foo3(typename T::type const bar); // ok
};

Aleksey