From: boost (boost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-07-11 08:58:02

Salut,

> The list will cost more storage. What advantage does storing the elements
> in a list have?
Simplicity, since you explicitly stated

>>> motivation for this is that many people get burned by the instability of

Personally I prefer to do pointer acrobatics because I'm used to it, but if
you have to write code others have to be able to understand, list<> might
be preferable. In case the overhead of a list<> is not acceptable, the
additional space for a "generalized adaptor" might already hurt.

Anyway, I agree that a stable_container_adaptor would be a nice thing to
have. I was just curious of the "challenge".

Best wishes,
Peter