From: williamkempf_at_[hidden]
Date: 2001-07-11 13:45:22

Because of the case sensitive nature of some environments I have to
rename several files currently named jamfile to Jamfile in the
Boost.Threads branch in CVS. I attempted to do this using the
following command line procedures on a Win2k machine:

> rename jamfile jamfile2
> cvs remove jamfile
> cvs commit
> rename jamfile2 Jamfile
> cvs add Jamfile
> cvs commit

The last commit failed (sorry, I didn't capture the error message as
I should have), and the CVS repository was left with a "phantom
lock", as some of you may have noticed. :( Now that we've got the
lock problem I fixed (required intervention by the Sourceforge
support) I checked out a fresh copy and see that the Jamfile is
missing entirely.

I have a few questions concerning this, because I still need to
change several other jamfile names this way. First, is the procedure
I used above the right way to do this? If so, are there any ideas
why CVS failed for me on this? Could it have a problem with adding
another file with the same name but different case as a file
previously removed? I'm a little gun shy in trying to rename any of
these files until I know for sure that I'm doing it correctly. :(

Bill Kempf