From: Christian Thäter (chth_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-07-12 02:52:17

Uh .. in copying containers which involve alot of temponary objects the single-linked list is really worse, forget it. I modified my code to a double linked list and get better results than the boost::shared_ptr . Well the most noteable point was my need about the shared semantics which isn't possible with a refcounting scheme. Eh, sorry i didn't seen at my first look that there is also a "Smart Pointer Timings" page which covers most of the performance topics. My code is now similar to the linked_ptr example. It will get some attach() and detach() interface to link/unlink it from some pointer-set.

cu Christian