From: Peter Dimov (pdimov_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-07-13 05:35:03

From: "Beman Dawes" <bdawes_at_[hidden]>
> At 06:30 PM 7/12/2001, Christian Thäter wrote:

[some interesting things]

> You really should read Andrei Alexandrescu's Modern C++ Design. He covers
> a lot of the things you are interested in, and in a most informative way.

I think that Christian has a valid question that is not addressed by Modern
C++ Design:

What are the complexity requirements of the boost::shared_ptr<> member
functions?

He asks, if I understand correctly, not how boost::shared_ptr is currently
_implemented_, but how it's _defined_.

A question that will become more important if/when shared_ptr moves into
std.

An interesting related question is "why does shared_ptr have use_count?"

--
Peter Dimov
Multi Media Ltd.