From: Peter.Bienstman_at_[hidden]
Date: 2001-07-17 10:32:27

--- In boost_at_y..., rwgk_at_m... wrote:
> I have created a web page with a list of
> "Boost.Python Development Projects":
>
> http://cci.lbl.gov/~rwgk/boost.python/projects.html
>
> I believe what is desperately needed is a document
> with a *high-level* overview of the inner workings
> of Boost.Python. Comments in the source code are
> not suitable for encouraging contributions.
>
> David, Ullrich, it is my impression that there is
> substantial interest in Boost.Python development.
> However, the barrier for others to get involved is
> very high. If you could outline the central ideas
> of the implementation, and include a little tutorial
> of meta-programming tricks used, or simply a list of
> good references, you could make a big difference.
>
> Ralf

I agree very much with everything you're saying here. Perhaps this
page could also be linked in from the main Boost::Python website?

Speaking of the website, it would be useful if the online
documentation would be more in sync with the version in CVS.

Anyhow, I'm very happy with the current level of useability of
Boost::Python and with the responsiveness of the people on the list.
Still, it would be good to get more people into development, in order
to get rid of some 'rough edges'.

Thanks a lot!

Peter