From: Dean Calver (deano_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-07-18 13:48:58

I vote YES as guidelines in principle, but NO if a library would be rejected
purely on the basis of not fitting the guidelines.

For the very big libraries that Boost has 'acquired' several times now,
requiring a complete change in style and/or interface purely to fit some
guidelines seems pointless.

Perhaps (as others have suggested) clearly marking which are REQUIRED (like
macro naming) and which are guidelines.

But overall I think the guidelines will help, both users and writers of the
libraries, so it has to be a good thing.

Bye,
    Deano

Dean Calver,
Lead Programmer,