From: David Abrahams (david.abrahams_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-07-18 20:05:58

----- Original Message -----
From: <rwgk_at_[hidden]>

> From comprehensive.py:
> > We can even mulitply inherit from built-in Python classes,
> > even if they are first in the list of bases
>
> This does not seem to be the case with Python 2.2a1.
> Is this an important problem?

I think it is somewhat important. It means Python 2.2 is breaking source
compatibility on some existing code and limiting the flexibility of
Boost.Python. It would be better if everything could be made to continue to
work.

On the other hand, perhaps it would be best if under Python 2.2,
Boost.Python classes were just subtypes of built-in classes. That seems to
be the whole point of that PEP.

-Dave