From: rwgk_at_[hidden]
Date: 2001-07-19 08:28:54

--- In boost_at_y..., "Paul Baxter" <paul_baxter_at_n...> wrote:
> > --- In boost_at_y..., "Peter Dimov" <pdimov_at_m...> wrote:
> > > You can download the .NET Framework SDK beta 2 and see for
yourself.

> > Thanks for that pointer! It was not clear to me that there
> > are freely available downloads.
>
> You need to be an MSDN subscriber ($$) to download don't you?

There are a number free downloads. This is what I did:
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/
    Click on "Downloads" at the top.
    In the left frame, click on "Software Development Kits"
    Click on ".NET Framework Beta 2"
The ".NET Framework Full SDK" is a 127MB .exe file. I have
not yet unpacked it, so I cannot yet be sure what is inside...

> Mind you they do say:
>
> Visual Studio .NET Beta 2 will also be included in the September
issue of
> the following magazines:
>
> VBPJ
> XML Magazine
> Exchange & Outlook
> Java Pro
> MSDN Magazine
> Dr. Dobb's Journal

Interesting. Maybe I should start reading at least one of
these magazines... but then again, spending time to learn
about Visual C++ deficiencies, isn't that like kissing
a frog when you want a prince(ss)?

Ralf