From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-07-24 09:43:19

Three Win32 compilers I know of are in beta right now. (Four if you count
GCC as a 3.0 as a beta).

* Comeau C++, which I've added to the Win32 regression test. Usually I
don't test betas, but this is the first Comeau release with a library (SGI
based), so I've added it even though it is a beta.

* MS VC++ 7.0 beta 2. I need this one for my day job, so will give it a
try on the Boost regression tests to see if anything surprising turns
up. No plans now to add it to the regression test until it's released. I
guess then Boost will want to report tests on both VC++ 6.0 and 7.0 at
least for a while.

* Metrowerks Codewarrior 7.0. I just don't have the time to test the
beta. It would be nice if someone else could run the Win32 Boost
regression tests on it, and report any problems to Metrowerks. If you
aren't in the beta program, let me know privately and I'll pass you on to
someone at Metrowerks.

Most of the compiler vendors seem at least vaguely aware of the Boost
libraries, and are some starting to show concern if their compiler has
problems with Boost. Beta tests are often good times to let them know that
uses do care about bugs.

--Beman