From: David Abrahams (david.abrahams_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-07-24 09:47:06

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jeremy Siek" <jsiek_at_[hidden]>

> The property_num business was a workaround for not having a version of
> is_same working for compilers without partial specialization... taking a
> quick look at type_traits, we now have a version of is_same that doesn't
> use partial spec., so we should be able to ditch that.

Great!

BTW, I think I understand what the "property" or "compile-time associative
container" object should be called, now: I think it is a "tagged tuple". And
I think it would be best implemented as a tuple of tagged_value<T> objects:

template <class Tag, class Value>
struct tagged_value
{
    typedef Tag tag;
    typedef Value value_type;

    tagged_value(const Value& v) : value(v) {}
    value_type value;
};