From: Ullrich Koethe (u.koethe_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-07-24 14:21:13

Beman Dawes wrote:

> I guess we differ about what documentation is. When I look at
> http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/libstdc++/libstdc++-doxygen-3.0/index.html, I
> don't see a "Reference Guide" to the standard library. Instead I see
> synoptic listings and graphics.

This is not doxygens fault, it is just what doxygen generates by default
(with minimal programmer guidance), if one is too lazy to write real
documentation.

> I'll feel better about Doxygen when someone shows me an example that
> actually looks like what I think of as primary documentation.

To see what's possible with doxygen (plus some simple Python
post-processing), you may take a look at the documentation of my VIGRA
library. I'm using doxygen as of version 1.1.3a
(download at
http://kogs-www.informatik.uni-hamburg.de/~koethe/vigra/vigra1.1.3a.tar.gz).
Until version 1.1.2 I've been using doc++, which is similar, but no
longer maintained (see the online manual at
http://kogs-www.informatik.uni-hamburg.de/~koethe/vigra/doc/index.html)

-- Ulli
| |
| Ullrich Koethe Universität Hamburg / University of Hamburg |
| FB Informatik / Dept. of Computer Science |
| AB Kognitive Systeme / Cognitive Systems Group |
| |
| Phone: +49 (0)40 42883-2573 Vogt-Koelln-Str. 30 |
| Fax: +49 (0)40 42883-2572 D - 22527 Hamburg |
| Email: u.koethe_at_[hidden] Germany |
| koethe_at_[hidden] |
| WWW: http://kogs-www.informatik.uni-hamburg.de/~koethe/ |