From: helmut.zeisel_at_[hidden]
Date: 2001-07-25 15:47:54

--- In boost_at_y..., "Fernando Cacciola" <fcacciola_at_g...> wrote:

> The range interface is a *very* powerful abstraction, much much
better than
> the abstraction of an (encapsulated) container.

Yes

> I'd like to know what the STL designers have to say about this
matters.

Clearly I cannot know,
but IMHO, they did the right thing by providing
the range interface since it is indeed the best abstraction.

The container interface is not needed because it were better,
it is just more comfortable.
If it is not standardized, it will be reinvented again and again.
This should be enough reason to provide a standard solution.

Helmut