From: John Max Skaller (skaller_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-07-25 17:19:18

Beman Dawes wrote:

> There are also some Literate Programming tools available that fall
> somewhere between DocBook and Doxygen. I'm not really familiar with their
> pros and cons.

        A short summary then: the principal difference between
this class of tool and LP tools is that LP tools extract
code from documents, whilst the other kind of tool extracts
documentation from code.

        The effect of what appears to be, on the surface,
a subtle distinction is fundamental: LP requires a total
committment.Code extractors usually work on unprepared code,
though the results may not be pleasing.

--
John (Max) Skaller, mailto:skaller_at_[hidden]
New generation programming language Felix  http://felix.sourceforge.net