From: helmut.zeisel_at_[hidden]
Date: 2001-07-26 09:58:11

--- In boost_at_y..., "Vesa Karvonen" <vesa.karvonen_at_h...> wrote:
> From: "Vladimir Prus" <ghost_at_c...>

> > Or just reimplement all the STL algorithms in namespace boost with
> > appropriate changes.
>
> Hmm... Perhaps I don't understand what you are implying.
>
> The problem is that Boost can not possibly implement all algorithms
with
> appropriate changes. The set of algorithms on sequences is infinite.

Yes.

A solution could be that (for backward compatibility)
wrappers accepting a range (or a half_open_range)
for existing STL classes are written.

New algorithms need only an interface
accepting a range (or half_open_range) object.

When an algorithm is needed for
a range not defined by a container,
this will be possible by using make_range
(or make_half_open_range).

Helmut