From: David Abrahams (david.abrahams_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-07-26 11:20:57

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jeremy Siek" <jsiek_at_[hidden]>

> Ahh yes, this has to do with the two design options Dave mentioned in a
> recent email. I forgot that the current version of half_open_range uses
> counting_iterator as the iterator type, so half_open_range is different
> from your range class. We probably need both classes.

And, just to elaborate on the design choice issues, if we stop using a
counting_iterator in half_open_range, then calling the type of begin()
"iterator" artificially limits its usefulness (no ranges of integers, for
example).

I really hope someone is willing to think through the few remaining issues
carefully, come up with a design proposal, and get it through the formal
review process. It has been clear to many of us for a long time that this
functionality is needed. The only question is just how it should be
implemented.

-Dave