From: Iain.Hanson_at_[hidden]
Date: 2001-07-26 14:36:17

     Hi,

     I would be interested in helping out with this. I have had experience
     of using and porting ACE and extensive experience of protocol
     implementation with some experience of protocol design.

     I've had a look at Joesphe's diagram and at the momment it looks like
     a very low level wrapper facarde that would not be very safe.

     At the protocol level its missing broadcast and multicast concepts
     and, I would suggest that it is missing concepts such as acceptors and
     connectors and event demultipleing similar to the ACE Reactor.

     This is something that I recently started looking at from a design
     perspective, so I don't *yet* have a concrete proposal.

     I could probably have something preliminary ready nexct week.

     /ikh