From: Greg Chicares (chicares_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-07-27 07:14:53

michel.andre_at_[hidden] wrote:

> I've implemented and use a similar persistence framework
> like Jens Maurers here but with more complex describers (includes
> property name and such stuff to be able to generate xml).
[...]
> Maybe it's a to simple library for boost? But it's
> greatly needed here ;).

There are a number of persistency libraries to choose from.
I made a less than optimal choice a few years ago, and now
it's a problem. Yesterday one of my coworkers was talking
about rewriting it (ouch).

A formally reviewed and accepted boost persistency library
would be a very good thing. It could save others from making
a poor choice as I did. Is it possible to combine all the
different approaches that have been discussed into one?