From: Jeremy Siek (jsiek_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-07-27 09:14:16

On Fri, 27 Jul 2001, Jan van der Veen wrote:

> My question is: Why didn't you add a named parameter for the component
> map? If I understand correctly color_map and all the other maps use
> vertex_index. So if there was a component_map
>
> connected_components(G, component_map(&vecuComponent[0]));
>
> should compile.

Hmm, yes I guess it would be a little better if it were a named parameter,
Though I'm not sure it is worth changing the interface at this point. I
use named parameters to better deal with defaults, and I think the typical
usage in this case is to supply the component map explicitly (not use the
default, which would be obtaining an internal property map from the
graph).

> Another question: Why doesn't strong components check if G is directed?

Good idea. I'll add that in.

Cheers,
Jeremy

 Jeremy Siek www: http://www.lsc.nd.edu/~jsiek/
 Ph.D. Candidate, IU B'ton email: jsiek_at_[hidden]
 Summer Manager, AT&T Research phone: (973) 360-8185