From: VesselinPeev_at_[hidden]
Date: 2001-07-30 08:29:14

Dave,

Your previous post seems unfinished.

Okay, it crossed my mind that's a bug, but how can I make the Python
script call the right constructor? That's my problem. I want the
constructor with arguments to get called, whereas the default gets
called. And I do want to use VC -- I hope there's a solution -- this
is such a trivial usage of class inheritance.

I'll add the default constructor anyway, and adding it in the
protected section seems to do the job, too.

I'm really sorry for bothering you.

--- In boost_at_y..., "David Abrahams" <david.abrahams_at_r...> wrote:
> Vesselin,
>
> This is a VC6 bug, since it's complaining about the lack of a
default
> constructor for a class which clearly does have one. It is not
complaining
> about the lack of a default constructor in /your/ class, though
adding one
> seems to silence the complaint.
>
> The following compiles without error on GCC, but not on MSVC:

getting_started2,