From: Iain.Hanson_at_[hidden]
Date: 2001-07-30 11:06:58

     Hi,

     Could you post a url for your library and the docs so that we can take
     a look.

     Alternatively, I have created a sockets2 directory and you can upload
     to there.

     Thanks

     /ikh

Subject: Re: [boost] Help with a Sockets library?
Author: gustavobt (gustavobt_at_[hidden]) at unix,mime
Date: 30/07/01 11:46

I would gladly volunteer to work with Joseph.
I've been working for some time with a partner on a sockets library (we're
both students).
It has two layers. The first is just a lightweight wrapper for the Win32
and Unix API, but has all the functionality. We have separated the Address
and Socket classes. And then we have a Socket++ like layer on top of that,
wich is the one intended for use.It currently works with gcc on linux and
solaris and on win32 with Borland. It supports Unix, Inet and IrDa domains
and stream, datagram and raw protocols. We're now trying to make it work
in WinCE (the main reason we started this was for a project meant of
communication between Pocket PC's, Windows and Unix'es via IrDA or
network)

We were also begun to work on a separate multiplexer class.

On Thu, 26 Jul 2001, Beman Dawes wrote:

> Joseph Berrios, a grad student at the University of Florida, has been
> working on a Sockets library for Boost at my urging. I provided him with a
> list of requirements, and he has been reading the literature and has gone
> through a couple of design iterations.
>
> The UML diagram for his current design is at
> http://www.cise.ufl.edu/~jberrios/Sockets.jpg
>
> His overall grasp of C++ interface/implementation principles seems
> reasonable, although I haven't seen enough examples to be sure. But his
> detailed C++ coding skills, including meeting Boost's requirements and
> guidelines, seem to need further development.
>
> Would anyone like to volunteer to work with Joseph as a mentor and/or
> co-author for a Boost Sockets Library?
>
> If so, please contact him at jberrios_at_[hidden]
>
> --Beman

.com>

by gugu

om>