From: Daryle Walker (darylew_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-08-03 08:11:25

on 8/2/01 10:02 PM, Darin Adler at darin_at_[hidden] wrote:

> On Thursday, August 2, 2001, at 04:30 AM, John Maddock wrote:

[SNIP]
>>> - mac.hpp
>>> It's not correct to say that this is "pre-X". For example, when compiling
>>> Mac-OS-X-only code with Metrowerks CodeWarrior (even in the "Mach-O mode"
>>> which makes it use BSD headers), you'll still end up including mac.hpp
>>> because "macintosh" will be defined. And also I propose using this even
>>> for the Mac OS X case.
>>
>> Yes, I just went with what Daryle gave me here.
>
> Please change the comment in mac.hpp to say "Mac OS specific config
> options" instead of "Mac OS (pre-X) specific config options".

I put down "pre-X" because I had Mac OS 9.0.4 (now 9.1), and could not test
for any differences for Mac OS X. I was wondering if Mac OS X should have a
separate configuration file from pre-X, since they have different
architectures. But if Windows 95/98/ME can share with NT/2000, we can share
here too.

> --------
>
> I did a test with SCpp 8.9.0d3e1 and STLport 4.0 and MrCpp 5.0.0d3c1 and
> STLport 4.0. Based on my test, a good start for the mpw.hpp file would be:
>
> #define BOOST_NO_CV_SPECIALIZATIONS
> #define BOOST_NO_DEPENDENT_NESTED_DERIVATIONS
> #define BOOST_NO_DEPENDENT_TYPES_IN_TEMPLATE_VALUE_PARAMETERS
> #define BOOST_NO_INCLASS_MEMBER_INITIALIZATION
> #define BOOST_NO_INTRINSIC_WCHAR_T
> #define BOOST_NO_TEMPLATE_PARTIAL_SPECIALIZATION
> #define BOOST_NO_USING_TEMPLATE
>
> #define BOOST_NO_CWCHAR
> #define BOOST_NO_LIMITS_COMPILE_TIME_CONSTANTS
>
> #define BOOST_NO_STD_ALLOCATOR /* actually a bug with const reference
> overloading */
>
> I'm not sure how this applies to older versions.
>
> In addition, SCpp and MrCpp have a bad_cast and bad_typeid definition that
> lacks a what() member function, just like older versions of Borland C++
> (see <boost/catch_exceptions.hpp>), so we may want to define something for
> that, or put a case for these compilers in <boost/catch_exceptions.hpp>.

I was wondering why I kept getting errors there.

--
Daryle Walker
Mac, Internet, and Video Game Junkie