From: Hillel Y. Sims (hys420_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-08-07 12:36:13

"David Abrahams" <david.abrahams_at_r...> wrote:
>> There's something I can't lay my fingers on:
>> EH is dynamic, and very 'loose': its very easy to forget
>> to catch some exception you should have caught.
>
>Naw, almost every try ought to come with a catch(...) at the end.

What should it handle in the general case (other than cleanup stuff that's
maybe not already handled by destructors)? Do you recommend the exception
be rethrown or eaten? I thought the general idea was to only catch locally
those exceptions that are meaningful to the local operation and that you
know how to handle, except maybe at some outermost layer where you could
actually do something meaningful with (...) (log it, dump stack, etc)?

hys