From: Darryl Green (green_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-08-08 21:06:00

I agree. My concerns are partly about highly dynamic environments and
also about environments with relatively large numbers of threads that
shouldn't be highly dynamic at all - they should "never" stop and
should attempt to recover if a thread does do so. Typically of course,
such systems end up using some higher level abstractions for
inter-thread communication anyway, so the chances of "accidentally"
sharing stack data are slim. I do think a warning is appropriate -
there is an awful lot of code out there that "works" despite
these sorts of issues being ignored, I just hate fixing them :-)

Darryl.