From: John Max Skaller (skaller_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-08-11 00:06:14

> The one exception to these two categories is your dislike of
> condition variables, but they are technically superior to Win32
> events and I won't budge on their inclusion. If you want to argue
> for the inclusion of an event type in addition then we can talk,
> because there are valid uses for this simplified synchronization type
> as well, but it won't be added in the initial submission.

        That seems reasonable! Lets see a demo of a good use
of events (not covered by the initial threads library).

> I truly do want to know specifically
> what you find wrong with the interface.

        So do I. But please separate _wrong_ from
_inadequate_. Also, Bill should note it is very hard to
criticize details of a model, when you think that the problem
is the model itself: when considering criticism, keep in mind
that a critique is likely to be weak because of this and
_help_ who is being critical to formulate the criticism.
You may have made the right choices, but it is useful to help
build the strongest possible attack on your system, so you can
really be sure.

--
John (Max) Skaller, mailto:skaller_at_[hidden]
New generation programming language Felix  http://felix.sourceforge.net