From: boost (boost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-08-13 07:26:50

Dear Jens Maurer,

On Wednesday 08 August 2001 23:34, Jens Maurer wrote:

> Yes, that's "normal". The x86 FPU sometimes computes in
> "long double" mode internally, and when rounding back
> to "double", it's in the wrong rounding mode. Also,
> trig functions often are worse than 1 ulp.

I just found out that the XSC licensing switched to the LGPL,
 http://www.xsc.de/
so I will check if this library can handle this problem, since I
want to use trigonometric function in my project.
Maybe this link is interesting for you and others interested in interval
calculations.

Best wishes,
Peter