From: Mark Rodgers (mark.rodgers_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-08-14 00:46:24

From: "Beman Dawes" <bdawes_at_[hidden]>

> What follows is based on that, except errors are my own.

Thanks Beman for your nice summary. Having been through the
process of working out how to avoid lost wakeups with events
several times, and effectively implementing CVs each time as
a result, I for one welcome the decision to initially just
support CVs.

It appears that no-one has indicated any fundamental flaws in
the design, despite a somewhat puzzling "I cannot use this"
attitude, so I suggest we now move on.

One query I had was in the design for TSS. I guess it's OK
as a starting point, but ideally I'd like to be able to
write

     boost::thread_specific<int> ti( 3 );
     boost::thread_specific<Foo> tf( "bar", 4.5 );

     int j = ti.get();
     tf.get().fubar();

I also don't like "tss". Can we please avoid TLAs for names?

Mark